Stamped Wall Art and Revamped Frame TUTORIAL

Stamped Wall Art and Revamped Frame Tutorial
by Little Miss Momma

A few weeks back I stumbled across some art work in my attic that just wasn’t my style–but the frame had tons of potential. So I set it aside until I discovered a project that “spoke to me”.  I came up with this idea when I found a set of foam alphabet stamps at Michael’s for 99 cents {yes, you heard me right–99 cents}!

And for those of us who don’t own a glorious Cricut {*sigh*}, stencils and sponges are the next best thing.

So here goes the easy-peasy tutorial:

You will need:

An old frame in need of a revamp
Foam sponge alphabet set {purchased at Michaels}
Black acrylic paint {for lettering}
Spray paint in the color of your choice {for frame}
Paint sponge to apply the paint
Ruler {or cutting mat with ruler lines}

STEP ONE:

Remove the glass from your frame and spray paint the frame in the color of your choice {I used black gloss}. Continue to the next step while you wait for your frame to dry.

{note my toes in desperate need of a pedicure in right corner}

STEP TWO:

Now, take your glass and line it up on your rulered cutting mat–this is so you keep your letters going in a straight line across the glass.  Pick out the sponge letters you will need to spell out your desired message.
My message reads: Stock Family Est. 2006
There is only one of each letter in a set which is why you may not be able to lay out the entire message initially {see picture}.

STEP THREE:
Now you are ready to start painting your letters.  Use the sponge paint applicator to apply a small layer of paint to your first letter.  Less is more when using stamps, especially on glass because it does not absorb excess paint like wood does. Also, try not to let the paint get on the sides of the sponge letter in order to avoid a messy and uneven stamp.

Gently place your stamp in the desired location, being sure to stay lined up with your ruler.  Once your stamp is in place, push down with slight firmness to be sure all areas of the stamp have touched the glass. Note: If you mess up on a letter, get a paper towel wet with warm water and wash off the paint before it dries {the paint will wipe right off}.

And stamp away…

STEP FOUR:
Wait for the paint to dry before replacing the glass in you newly revamped picture frame.  Replace the glass and hang in a fabulous location for all your visitors to admire. If you prefer, you can also apply ribbon to hang the frame.

I hung mine in my entry way:

Happy Crafting!
Ashley Stock
I'm Ashley. Sometimes I craft, occasionally I cook, everyday I write, and I'm always Momma. This is my blog. I keep it real while still seeing the rainbows and butterflies in all of life's lessons.
Ashley Stock
Ashley Stock
Ashley Stock

Latest posts by Ashley Stock (see all)

Ashley Stock

Comments

1. Super cute!!!!! I love it..infact…I need to do this project. Thanks for sharing!

2. FrouFrouBritches says:

I love it! I don't have a Cricut either (sigh) so I use paint too.

3. Shel at Dreamy Nest says:

Very cool! I love it. Adding it to my project to-do list.

4. Show Me Mama says:

oh, my I totally love it. Job well done. You are indeed crafty, we have something in common. I love to do lots of crafting. Here is what i want to tell you. I am visiting your blog to let you know that I have two wonderful awards for you. You can pick it up here
    http:/showmemama.blogspot.com
    Thanks

5. Cute idea and it looks so sweet. Nice job!
    🙂 Sue

6. So cute! I love my cricut, I think you need one!

7. Melissa says:

Oh my goodness. I love this! I love that you did it with stamps. I really want one know. I will have to see if I have a frame that I can use!

8. That is awesome!!

9. [email protected] Present Life says:

I LOVE this idea! This would make a really great wedding or housewarming present! Found you at Skip to My Lou and am now happily following! I'd love it if you could check out my blog when you have the chance (in between changing diapers, picking up toys, laundry, etc…).

10. [email protected] Charm says:

Lovin' this "COOL" and "THRIFTY" idea!

Blessings,
    Linda

11. Santa's Gift Shoppe and Ideas says:

Hi..I’m Barb….I am from Trendy Treehouse Marketing Monday .. I am your newest follower. I hope you will get a chance to visit my blog @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
    & get inspired by something for your family/home. I hope you will follow me as well. Nice to meet ya new friend!!!

12. Very cute! I need some stamps, apparently. Great job!

13. great idea and i am sadly not a cricut owner myself– love your project!

14. [email protected] of a Super Mommy says:

Super cute! Thanks for sharing!

15. hey – this is so cute!! i would love to make one, will have to work with stencils since i don’t have the stamps. question – how did you get the glass back in with nothing behind it? any frames that i have, have some kind of backing that would go behind the picture – did your frame not have that? it appears there is nothing behind the glass on yours, looks like i can see the wall (which i would prefer).

Trackbacks

1. […] my home–a friendly reminder of my latest neurosis, no shoes inside. {Stamped est. sign tutorial, hook shelf by Old and New Again} I Spy our very first family portraits hanging over our […]